Sunday, June 22, 2008

Becoming A Favorite

So I have received a fabulous new recipe from a gal in my neighborhood and I thought I would share with everyone!
Very easy to make...... For every Mom our there!
Ingredients:
One sleeve of Saltine crackers
1 Package of milk chocolate chips (I have also tried with semi-sweet chocolate chips and they taste just as delicious)
1 cup sugar (I use the Pampered Chef stone bar cookie sheet, which I find to be a little smaller so I cut the sugar to 3/4 cup)
2 sticks butter (when using the bar cookie sheet I use 1 stick and 5 tablespoons of butter)
Melt butter and then add the sugar (I melted the butter in small sauce pan on low). Line a cookie sheet with a sheet of tinfoil, and then Saltine crackers. Pour sugar/butter mixture over crackers. It'll look soupy when you do it. Then cook in oven on 350 degrees for 15 minutes. when you pull the cookie sheet out of the oven, sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Once they start melting, spread them to cover the entire top of the cracker mixture. I also toasted pecans before hand and sprinkled them on top as well.
Refrigerate for 1-2 hours (or you can be like me and pop them in the freezer to shorten the time). Once the candy has set up, pull the cookie sheet out and start peeling back the tinfoil and gently break crackers apart.
That's it!!!
Enjoy!
Thanks Cari!

2 comments:

Chauntel said...

It's amazing to me how good you are at coupons. I've heard it's possible. I've just never seen anyone I know do it. Awesome. I love your blog. I hope you don't mind if I check it every once in awhile.

Abby is sooooo adorable.

emily said...

This recipe sounds so yummy, I'm going to have to give it a try